Catch the Bug - 50 Pack
Are you ready to “Catch the Bug”? The bug is a truly fantastic and meaningful electronics learning activity. Finished bugs run around the floor with their own personality. They roam and explore by bumping into objects and finding new paths around the room.
Bugs teach basic electronics through a physical interactive experience; an experience that yields deep and long lasting understanding. Electrical concepts have never made so much sense, or been so much fun.
Bugs have inspired countless students to pursue STEM careers, drastically increasing interest and enrollment in STEM courses, especially for girls.
Classes Using the Bug:
Technology, Engineering, Science, Vocational After School, Home
Ages 13 and above; Bugs are used from middle school to university levels
The Bug Activity...
- makes electrical concepts interesting and understandable
- appeals to a multitude of abilities, ages and knowledge levels
- allows students to work at their own level and pace
- challenges students to gain a higher level of understanding
- provides additional challenges for advanced students
- provides structure and support for students with limited understanding
- challenges and engages students like no other electronics project
- teaches electrical concepts using exciting physical feedback
- allows students to take ownership in the learning process, and take home the finished bug
- surprisingly inexpensive
- Electrical Circuits
- Schematic Diagrams
- Soldering Techniques
What tools will you need to build this activity?
|Screwdriver||Tighten and loosen screws||
Wire striping / crimping
|Strip wire insulation and Crimp spade connector on.||
|Wire Stripper and Pliers|
|Soldering wires to motors or other wires||
|Heats plastic and allows it to bend||
Blow Dryer, Heat gun, Hot water
|Measuring||Measure output voltage||
|Acts as the load; allowing multi-meter to give a more accurate reading||
Resistor (2.7 ohm)
|Connects wires without having to solder or crimp||
Additional Supplies Needed to Build a Bug:
- Safety Glasses
- AA Batteries (2 per Bug)
What's in the "Catch the Bug" Electronics Activity?
|Slide Stop 300mm Sections||3|
|Locking Hex Nuts||10|
|14ml Cylinder Assembly||70|
|4.5ml Cylinder Assembly||10|