Climate Action Kit - Land
The Climate Action Kit is a micro:bit powered inventor's kit designed to introduce students to coding and robotics. The goal of the kit is to provide purpose-driven learning experiences by connecting real-world climate change issues with tangible robotic solutions.
Using the robotic components in the kit, students can build, prototype, and program their own working solutions to meaningful climate change issues.
ABOUT THE CLIMATE ACTION KIT
Skill Level: Beginner to Intermediate
The Climate Action Kits has been revamped with three new curriculum modules reimagined for the diverse learning needs and locations of today's students. The new curriculum is research-based, curriculum-aligned, and specifically developed to be flexible for any learning environment - whether that's online, at home, or in-person. The new curriculum makes it even easier to teach digital skills and empower students.
- 3 x NEW Modules: Deforestation, Plants and Pollinators, and Advanced Agriculture (including curriculum-alignment, teacher guides, and classroom-ready teaching materials)
- 2 x Project-Based Lessons: Insect Farming and Carbon Farming
- 1 x Climate Action Globe Breakout Board
- Robotic Parts for Land Projects
- Alligator Clips
- DC Water Pump
- DC Motor
- Moisture Sensor
- 360 Servo Motor
- Touch Sensor
- Water tubing
- BBC micro:bit - at least one micro:bit is required to complete each project
- Additional arts and crafts materials for certain projects and extension activities (ex. cardboard, glue, cup, etc.)
Developed by our in-house education experts, the new and improved online Climate Action Kit curriculum has been specifically designed to be compatible with remote, in-class, and hybrid learning environments.
The United Nations Sustainable Development goals play an integral part in the design of the Climate Action Kit content. Each project module is linked to a specific Global Goal to empower purpose-driven learning with real-world connections.
The Climate Action kit comes with all of the robotic parts and components you'll need to build a variety of working prototypes.
The proprietary Climate Action Kit breakout board and the BBC micro:bit allow you to power servo motors, DC motors, sonar sensors, and more!