The Finch Mat is an ideal surface for teaching students robotics and coding. It's easy to use on the floor, on a table, or inside the Finch Arena. With a durable, easy-to-clean vinyl and a blank white surface, the Finch Mat offers limitless creativity in the classroom.
How can you use the Finch Mat?
- Draw a backdrop and code the Finches to perform a dance routine or act out a story.
- Program the Finches to navigate a maze with physical obstacles.
- Draw letters randomly around the mat and program the Finch to navigate to each letter to spell out a word.
- Bring math into the real world by drawing a number line on the mat and modeling addition and subtraction by moving the Finch.
- Insert a marker into the Finch and program it to draw shapes, letters, or fractals.
- Use the Finch as a tool to measure various objects and distances.
- Check out more activities to try with the Finch Robot 2.0!