Kitronik USB LED Strip Kit with Power Switch
The Kitronik LED Strip Kit offers a great way to learn basic electronics. Once built, it offers a great platform for designing custom enclosures for low-power lighting. The kit includes 4 LEDs, an on/off switch, and a PCB which has a shared current limiting resistor and USB connector already mounted to the board. Only the 4 x LEDs and the on/off switch need to be soldered by the user.
The board is powered via the pre-mounted micro USB power connector. The circuit has been designed so that it is within the supply rating of a computer USB port (under 100mA). This means you can power it conveniently from a computer/laptop or a suitable power supply.
The board is approximately 53mm long and features a single mounting hole. The power switch and USB sit at opposing ends of the board. The on/off switch can be connected to the board with wire to allow for remote mounting in an enclosure. This kit is suited to Design and Technology projects where an electronics element is required.
- Learn how to construct a low-power (under 100mA) lighting solution, ideal for use in a custom enclosure.
- The kit includes 4 LEDs, an on/off switch, and a PCB which has a shared current limiting resistor and USB connector already mounted to the board.
- Only the 4 x LEDs and the on#off switch need to be soldered by the user.
- Power it conveniently from a computer/laptop or a suitable power supply.
- Ideal for Design and Technology projects where an electronics element is required.
- Its discreet size and thoughtful layout make it easy to design an enclosure around.
- It features a single M3 (3.3mm) mounting hole.
- 4 x White 5mm water clear LED - 140 degree - 3000 mCd.
- 1 x Miniature PCB mount slide switch.
- 1 x PCB with a pre-mounted USB connector and current limiting resistor.
- Length: 53.5mm.
- Width: 8mm.
- Height: 10mm.
Teachers can order a sample of this kit (one per school) request a sample kit. You will need to select the kit from a list of all the sample kits; the stock code for this kit is 2176.
Note: this service is only offered to schools for evaluation purposes only.
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.