CoDrone EDU Classroom Package (20 drones, extras, PD)
4 hours of PD for a group of up to 4 people
Meet CoDrone EDU
A Drone Made for Learning
Programming languages: Blockly and Python
What you'll learn: Drones, flight, accelerometers, gyroscopes, LEDs, color sensors, obstacle detection, sound, block coding, text-coding
The CoDrone EDU is a programmable drone, meant for learning in the classroom. Code it in Python or start from the basics with block-based coding. Unique to this drone are its color sensors, a front range sensor, a bottom range sensor, among others—all usable in code. With a durable and safe frame, programmable lights, and access to its 7 sensors, it's an excellent learning too and a great way to learn coding and engineering skills.
This is a great bundle for a classroom. It includes 20 drones with additional accessories and professional development to make sure you're confident using the kits in the classroom on day 1. We recommend 2 students to 1 drone, with a drone or two set aside for the teacher. This is a great set to purchase for a class of 20 - 30 students, if you have a space larger than a standard classroom, like a gymnasium.
The entire CoDrone EDU Classroom Package includes:
- 20 CoDrone EDUs
- 22 Smart Controllers (includes 2 extras)
- 80 rechargeable batteries
- 40 two-battery chargers
- 20 sets of replacement propellers (each set has 2 clockwise, 2 counter-clockwise)
- 2 sets of replacement motors (2 clockwise, 2 counter-clockwise)
- 2 replacement frame sets
- "Basics + Intermediate" 4-hour virtual PD course for a group of up to 4 people
- 2-year extended warranty
Note: AA batteries not included.
"Basics + Intermediate" 4-Hour PD Course Included
A professional development course for a group of up to 4 people is included in this package. In this course, we'll help you get everything you need to hit the ground running on day 1.
- Unbox the drone with us and learn the ins and outs of all the features and specifications
- Learn tips for powering, pairing, and charging your drones
- Learn the rules for safe piloting, how to pilot the drone, and how to access all the settings on the controller
- Go over how to get started with programming and program your first autonomous flight!
- Know where to find all of our resources, tutorials, and lesson plans.
- How do drones work? Learn the basics of drone mechanics
- Drone applications in the real world and how to incorporate them into the classroom
- Deep dive into each of the 7 sensors and explore with programming examples
*This is a general outline. Our training can be tailored based on your needs.
Minimum System Requirements
If you're planning to use Blockly, make sure to check the minimum system requirements.
We recommend a 2:1 student to device ratio, or a 1:1 ratio for smaller groups under 10 students.
Head over to Basecamp to see our free lessons.