Climate Action Kit - Energy
The Climate Action Kit is a micro:bit powered inventor's kit designed to introduce students to coding and robotics. The goal of the kit is to provide purpose-driven learning experiences by connecting real-world climate change issues with tangible robotic solutions.
Using the robotic components in the kit, students can build, prototype, and program their own working solutions to meaningful climate change issues.
ABOUT THE ENERGY CLIMATE ACTION KIT
Skill Level: Beginner to Intermediate
The new Energy Climate Action Kit features three modules: Solar Energy, Wind Energy, and Electric Vehicles. Each Climate Action Kit includes a coupon code to access InkSmith's online learning platform filled with tons of classroom-ready resources for educators including interactive Google slide decks and curriculum connections.
Each Climate Action Kit module is broken into two parts - Part A: Background & Context, and Part B: Physical Coding & Computing. Using the module content on InkSmith's online learning platform, educators can guide their students through the background & context of each sustainable energy-related topic. Afterward, students will use the robotic components in the Climate Action Kit and a micro:bit to build a code the associated sustainable energy project.
- 3 x project-based Modules: Wind Energy, Solar Energy, and Electric Vehicles (including curriculum-alignment, teacher guides, and classroom-ready teaching materials)
- Wind Energy project: Wind Turbine with RPM counter
- Solar Energy project: Simulated Solar Array that can detect light
- Electric Vehicles project: Autonomous Robotic Car that can avoid obstacles
- 1 x Climate Action Globe Breakout Board
- Robotic Parts for Energy Projects:
- Alligator Clips
- DC Motor + 2 x wheels
- DC Fan Motor
- Photoresistor Sensor
- Servo Motor
- Touch Sensor
- Sonar Sensor
- BBC micro:bit - at least one micro:bit is required to complete each project
- Additional arts and crafts materials for certain projects and extension activities (ex. cardboard, glue, cup, etc.)
Developed by our in-house education experts, the new and improved online Climate Action Kit curriculum has been specifically designed to be compatible with remote, in-class, and hybrid learning environments.
The United Nations Sustainable Development goals play an integral part in the design of the Climate Action Kit content. Each project module is linked to a specific Global Goal to empower purpose-driven learning with real-world connections.
The Climate Action kit comes with all of the robotic parts and components you'll need to build a variety of working prototypes.
The proprietary Climate Action Kit breakout board and the BBC micro:bit allow you to power servo motors, DC motors, sonar sensors, and more!
Technical specifications and product features in a downloadable, shareable PDF.