Kitronik Lesson in a Box - :GAME ZIP 64 for the BBC micro:bit Classroom Pack
The Kitronik :GAME ZIP 64 is the ultimate retro gaming accessory for the BBC microbit. It has been designed to be an all in one hand held gaming platform, which also includes a built in, 64 (8x8) individually addressable full colour ZIP LED, screen. This 10 pack is supplied with everything you need in the classroom environment to get teaching straight away.
It features on-board sound, 4 x directional buttons, 2 fire buttons, haptic feedback, and breakout points so shoulder buttons or I2C devices can be added. All of these features are fully programmable. We have also included breakout points to allow for the use of larger LED screens.
All of microbits features are still available when plugged in to the :GAME ZIP 64, so your games can still make use of the LED matrix, accelerometer etc.
Power is provided via the built in 3 x AA battery cages which have been ergonomically placed to act as hand grips which makes the :GAME ZIP 64 comfortable to hold and play.
We have produced some example games in both MakeCode Blocks and MicroPython that can be freely downloaded from the resources section below so you can begin playing games straight away. If you prefer to code your own games, it also offers the perfect platform for developing and testing micro:bit games.
The Kitronik MI:pro protector cases can be used to create a game 'cartridge' that can be labeled and that will not only protect the microbit from damage, but also from accidental overwriting.
Teaching Resources:Unlock your students potential with our 5 Lesson Plans For The :GAME ZIP 64 for BBC microbit. Written by a Teacher for Teachers. They offer classroom-ready lesson plans designed specifically to help you deliver the curriculum at Key Stage 3. While these resources have been produced for the classroom they are also a great introduction to writing games for anyone that wants to get more from their :GAME ZIP 64. Cherry pick your areas of interest and begin writing your first game now!
- All in one hand-held gaming solution for the BBC micro:bit.
- 64 individually addressable ZIP LED display screen.
- Fully programmable on-board sound, directional buttons, fire buttons, and haptic feedback.
- Breakout pads for adding shoulder buttons or I2C devices.
- Breakout pads for driving larger LED screens.
- Ergonomic design for comfortable game-play.
- Use MI:pro protector cases to create a handy game cartridge.
- It can also be coded to be a controller for your buggy or robotics projects.
- 10 x :GAME ZIP 64 for the BBC microbit.
- 30 x AA Batteries.
- 10 x USB Cables.
- Demo Code for programming in MicroPython is available from GitHub.
- Pong Game Download.
- Snake Game Download.
- Custom Kitronik :GAME ZIP 64 MakeCode Blocks.
- Free 3D Printer & Laser Cutter Cases Downloads.
- Datasheet in French.
- Datasheet in Dutch.
- Datasheet in Danish.
- Datasheet in Swedish.